Finding something you love to collect is an enjoyable experience. Usually people find something that they are interested in and fall in love with it in its many forms. That love can turn into a beautiful collection to use, display and share with others. Whether you collect coins, records, stamps or china, you have probably wondered about the best way to keep your collection safe.
Why Do I Need Storage For My Collector’s Items?
Collections by nature, begin to grow and can quickly take over. Unless you live in a really large house with unlimited space, storage of your collection is often hard to come by. If you have an extensive collection that is taking up a lot of space in your home, it can end up over-flowing into living areas leaving less room to move around and make getting around uncomfortable.
So here’s a great solution. Self Storage
By placing your collection into self-storage, it will be safe and accessible without taking up your living space in your home. For an added layer of protection, look into climate controlled storage, which will help prevent damage from humidity and temperature swings.
What Kinds Of Collections Can You Store In Self Storage?
The list of collections that you can put into self-storage is almost unlimited. Here are just a few:
- Comic books – Storing comics in a climate-controlled space is imperative to prevent moisture damage to your beloved comic book collection.
- Coins – While individual coins don’t take up a lot of space, a decent collection will take up plenty. Be sure to have a solid lock in place to keep them safe.
- Records – Vinyl records are susceptible to heat. You need to protect them from extreme temperatures in a climate controlled unit.
- Quilts – Fabrics offer an ideal breeding ground for mold and mildew. Keep them dry and do not store them in plastic bags.
- Craft supplies – Many craft items are paper or fabric based. A climate controlled unit is the best option for these sensitive items.
- Antiques – This category covers a lot of different things. Whether you collect old furniture, Depression glass, or other antiques, a climate-controlled unit will keep them all safe.
- Stuffed collectibles – Beanie Babies are just one example. Protecting them from extreme temperatures and high levels of humidity is important if you want to resell them.
Check with your self-storage facility to find out any restrictions on what you are allowed to store inside a unit.
As always, the staff at Planet Storage are happy to answer any questions you have. Drop in and speak with us anytime. We look forward to seeing you soon 🙂